Allowing you to concentrate on what really matters
Funerals are such a sad and difficult time but Merrow Savouries are here to help by relieving you of some of the pressures of the day.
In fact, for the past 20 years, catering for funeral receptions have been one of our most frequently requested services. Whether it is in a venue or your own home. Just let us completely take care of everything. Tom will be quietly beavering behind the scenes making sure all the fayre is freshly prepared, delicious and beautifully presented. Whilst Sue and her friendly and professional team will be making sure everything runs smoothly and efficiently.
Would it be of help if we hosted the occasion for you?
- With a fully comprehensive service to ensure the smooth running of the day.
- A friendly sympathetic team who know exactly what to do.
- A warm welcome offered to your guests.
- A delicious traditional afternoon tea or finger buffet luncheon (have a look at the pics on this page).
- Everything attractively presented on white china, silvered platters and glass cake stands. No plastic or paper disposables.
- Copious pots of freshly brewed tea and cups of coffee. And plenty of herb and fruit teas, de-caffenates, fresh fruit juices and elderflower cordials – all included when appropriate.
- The room or venue to be attractively prepared. And cleared away!
- Quality polished glasses. No mis-matching!
- White linen and pretty little vintage cloths for the tables.
- Fresh flowers and candles to brighten up the room or hall.
- Someone to fully liaise with your venue or funeral director
- Everything appropriate. Everything just right. As it should be.
Catering at Clandon Wood Natural Burial
We are so very pleased that Merrow Savouries are recommended and a preferred caterer for all funeral receptions held in the beautiful Pavillion of Clandon Wood Natural Burial Reserve.
Clandon Wood offer the facility for families to have the service in the glass Pavillion, go to the graveside, then return to the pavilion (which would have been miraculously transformed in the 20 minutes they were away) for the funeral reception, fully managed and catered by us. Once back they would be warmly welcomed and invited to enjoy tea, coffee or perhaps a fresh fruit juice. Or a glass of wine if you would prefer. Then of course a delicious light luncheon, finger – buffet or afternoon tea, as appropriate, would be served. We offer a complete package at Clandon Wood, tried and tested offering all the fayre, crockery and glassware etc. Always so very successful.
Such a simple but clever idea that the funeral service, burial and reception is all in one beautiful place. So easy and convenient for the family. Such a weight off their minds at a time when decisions need to kept to a minimum.
On the other hand, if the family did want to go elsewhere for the reception – perhaps back home or to a local venue, then of course we could still be of assistance. Just let us know how we can help or simply let us come up with all the ideas and suggestions, all tailor made around your family.
We can do as much or as little as you need
Or, as most people want – just leave absolutely everything to us
Our delicious home made funeral finger buffets are around £11.95-£14.95 per person plus vat for all the beautiful food including copious pots of tea and coffee, herb and fruit teas, de-cafffenateds and plenty of fresh fruit juices and elderflower cordial when appropriate. The menu may obviously also depend on the venue, time of day and number of guests – but let’s just chat about how you would like to treat your guests on such an occasion.
However, it may be more appropriate to offer a much simpler menu. You may just require some freshly prepared tasty sandwiches, perhaps some of our cheese straws plus the always devoured mini home made sweet treats with the unlimited drinks, costed accordingly within your budget. Or how about incorporating some of your family or loved one’s favourite dishes? And we can always prepare a separate menu for any special dietary requirements – we do not want anyone going hungry on the day.
Another idea is if looks like being a cold day – how about welcoming steaming mugs of Tom’s home made soups to warm everyone up? Always much appreciated.
Staffing; crockery hire and other costs, if required, upon request.
It never ceases to amaze us that at a time of such sadness, so many of our customers take the time to approach us on the day or write. To say thank you. It is so very kind.
Here are just a few of the more recent comments:
– Mrs P (West Clandon)
– J of Guildford (mother’s funeral)
– Mr A, Send (wife’s funeral)
– Miss S, Ringwood (mother’s funeral)
– Mrs A, Merrow (son in law’s funeral)
– Mrs E, Fetcham (husband’s funeral)
and finally from a truly lovely gentleman on the day of the funeral of ‘the love of my life for the past 68 years’
– It was my complete pleasure Mr Roberts