Knowing what makes a menu and the occasion so special
It may be a cliche but we both have oodles of genuine enthusiasm and a genuine desire to provide delicious home made fayre and great service.
After each event we always debrief with our host. Continually learning and improving. What was the most popular dish? What went first? After 17 years and many thousands of occasions – We know how to ensure your occasion is the success it deserves.
Some of our recent Special Occasions have been
- Family reunions
- Landmark birthdays
- Dinner dances
- Engagement celebrations
- Retirement parties
We often suggest truly splendid buffets
Which makes everything so much easier for the host not being stranded in the kitchen. A slave to the oven. Missing out on all the fun! All the food can be prepared by us in our own 5 star hygiene rated kitchen. And it’s beautifully presented and ideal to ‘just help yourself’. Needing minimal supervision or staffing.
Help and Assistance?
However, if you think you would like some assistance in organising the occasion. It would be our pleasure. We would love to be of help. This is actually Sue’s particular forte. Offering an excellent service, sorting things out, getting things done, ordered and ready. No worries. So, how about allowing us to
- Suggest a venue or liaising with your chosen one.
- Hiring crockery and fresh crisp linen. Arranging the flowers.
- Preparing the room. Polishing the glasses.
- Bringing all the food (of course). And drinks if you like.
- Then managing and staffing the day itself with our friendly and professional team. Efficient and discreet.
We know exactly what to do and when to do it – and we all genuinely love doing it! Just let us know how we can be of help.
Special Occasions demand that the buffet table should be groaning with our delicious and impressive dishes:
- Whole fully boned and dressed fresh Scottish Salmons (Wow!)
- Lots of fresh big prawns and crayfish
- Thick slices of home baked honey and mustard coated hams and sirloin beef
- Delicious quiches and flans
- Creamy coronation chicken with fresh mango and coriander. Always hugely popular and made with our secret recipe that everyone asks for!
Always accompanied with a generous selection from our dozens of ideas of unusual and colourful salads. Sue loves inventing salads!
Then of course those gorgeous home made desserts. how about:
- Lemon and stem ginger cheesecake
- Fresh fruit creamy pavlovas
- Tipsy trifles
- Thick and gooey chocolate brownies with fresh raspberries and clotted cream
Triple chocolate roulades
This is, of course, a wonderfully indulgent menu to complement your occasion but if you prefer we could always include healthy options and alternatives as befits our Gold Eat Out Eat Well award for your diabetic or figure conscious guests.
We always include lots of delicious salads but perhaps you would like us to use low fat dressings? Or how about a delicious seasonal fresh fruit salad with the option of natural yogurt instead of cream.
Whatever you want to offer your guests- it is no problem or let us come with some ideas to complement your own
Prices for our generous and splendid 2 course buffets are around £17-£24 per person. Plus VAT. Depending on the number of guests, time of day, choice of menu. Or perhaps you have your own ideas and suggestions or your own budget within which we could devise a special menu.
Staffing and full management prices upon request.
Some previous customers’ comments
– Mr and Mrs B, Guildford (50th wedding anniversary, hot buffet lunch for 75 guests)
– Mr & Mrs H (Worplesdon, golden wedding celebrations)
– Ms V, Merrow (engagement party)
– Mrs B, Haslemere (85th birthday celebrations)
– Mrs G, Guildford (80th birthday party)
– Mr and Mrs T, Merrow (music recital)
– Mrs W, Guildford (40th wedding anniversary)
-Mr R-P, Horsell (70th birthday party)
– A and C, (beautiful vintage themed wedding at Merrow Village Hall)
– W and P, bride’s parents as above (beautiful vintage themed wedding at Merrow Village Hall)
– Mr and Mrs A, Merrow (lovely wedding)
– Mr M, Guildford (80th birthday luncheon)
– Mr and Mrs S, Horsley (50th birthday party)
– Mrs G, Guildford (80th birthday party)
– Laura, East Horsley (the beautiful bride!)
– P & H, Dorking (fully managed and catered silver wedding anniversary party)
– Mr & Mrs H, Guildford (supply of the lunch for a party for extended family following their daughter’s wedding the previous day )
– Mrs S from Merrow (on the occasion of Martin’s 40th birthday)
– Mr & Mrs W of Clandon (celebrating their golden wedding anniversary)